Terms and Conditions of travel
Brookline Coaches London Commuter
Commuter service (Conditions of Carriage)
Timetables: The times published in our timetable meet all the requirements of the local authorities. We strive to operate these times to the best of our abilities. Incidents and traffic delays and weather conditions can hamper this service. These conditions cannot be foreseen and are beyond our control. We cannot be held responsible for delays to service and inconvenience to our passengers. Brookline Coaches reserve the right to alter or cancel any timetable without notice.
We endeavour to inform all our drivers through various communications to inform them of any delays, due to traffic.
1. Tickets: Purchased by a customer are not transferrable and remain the property of Brookline Coaches throughout their validity. Tickets are to be inspected by your driver or ticket collector/inspector either on board or at stops. Tickets will be withdrawn by said above if they are deemed to be misused. No refund or compensation for the ticket withdrawn will be paid. Passengers are not permitted to travel without a valid ticket and by any passenger who has purchased a season ticket. Any passenger not presenting their season ticket, full day return ticket will be charged. Season tickets can only be purchased by completing application and sending to Brookline Coaches with cheque or card details. You may also visit or office during open times. A passport sized photo will be required for these ticket types. No ticket will be issued without payment in advance. Book and pay by 8pm for next day travel.
2. Lost tickets 4 weekly, Annual Season tickets will be replaced at a cost of £15 respectively. Unfortunately we are unable to offer replacements on Day tickets, weekly and 10 journeys.
3. Cancellation & Refunds: Refunds are only available for Annual Season tickets. Day tickets, weekly, 10 journey and 4 weekly are not refundable. Customers who wish to cancel their ticket for a refund must send in their pass with written confirmation of the cancellation by post to our Brookline Office. The number of days since the issue of the ticket will be calculated at the day return rate and the balance refunded less £20 admin charge. For annual seasons the number of days since the issue of the ticket will be charged at the monthly rate and the day return rate, whichever is the lowest cost, and the balance refunded less £20 admin charge. All calculations will be calculated from the date of postmark on the envelope with your pass and cancellation letter. No refund will be considered unless your ticket has been surrended. If your employer paid Brookline Coaches direct for your season ticket then any refund due will be paid to your employer unless we receive written consent from them that we may refund you direct.
4. Luggage: For your comfort large items of luggage will be required to be stored in the hold. Only light items and laptops may be stowed in the overhead lockers. No items of property, cases, suitcases or rucksacks are to block the isles and these items when not needed must be placed under the seat.
5. Luggage: Any property that may be a danger to health and a risk of danger to customers on board this property maybe refused entry.
6. Replacements season tickets due to illness: This will have a £10 admin fee for a replacement.
7. Vehicles: Our commuter coach has been allocated weekly for the purpose of this service. From time to time incidents happen where the coach will need to be substituted, this could be mechanical reasons, accidents damage etc. We will strive to do our utmost best to replace this vehicle to the same calliper of standard. Brookline Coaches will not guarantee that the replacement vehicle will carry wi-fi or a high calliper of executive travel.
8. Bus stops: All bus stops in Kent along the route can be served by London Commuter. The timetable shown is for timing purposes and show the route travelled. All stops are request and you will need to signal the driver of your intention to board, as the stops maybe served by other local bus routes. Passengers will need to inform the onboard staff of intention to disembark at your desired London stop. London stops are those dedicated and shown on the timetable only. TFL require us not to stop at any other London Bus stop other then shown on our timetable. In London on your return journey to Kent, please make sure that you are waiting at the correct stop as shown on the timetable. Also please signal to the driver clearly of your intention to stop our service to board. A2 Bexley interchange, and Blackwell Tunnels are only request only. You will need to inform the driver upon boarding if you wish to disembark from these stops.
9. Passenger etiquette: Brookline Commute aims to provide a relaxing, restful and comfortable journey for all onboard. Passengers are requested to kindly assist by ensuring that they consider the comfort of other passengers around their seat and avoid undue noise from any instrument, radio, personal audio devices and excessive noise from mobile phones or gaming equipment. Telephone conversations should be conducted quietly and phones put on silent/vibrate mode to not disturb other passengers who may be resting, or sleep onboard. Brookline Coaches reserve the right to refuse any passenger if their behaviour is considered to be detrimental to the comfort or safety of any other passenger travelling on our coaches. Poor behaviour also includes the consumption of alcohol, drunken, threatening or abusive behaviour or poor language. We will not tolerate undue noise fro may instrument, radio, personal audio or noisy mobile phones. Brookline Coaches staff has the right to remove passengers from the nearest safe location and contact the police if required to do so.
10. Seat belts: In the UK it is a legal requirement to wear seatbelts at all times whilst in their seat during their journey. Passengers any move around the cabin to use onboard facilities. When back at their seat, you must fasten your seat belt. On the coach approaching your stop, passengers must remain seated until the coach has stopped. Failure to wear a seat belt is a offence and any fines given by authorities for not wearing them, the customer will be required to pay this fine.
11. Routing: London drop offs and PM Pickups are strictly outlines in the timetable and can be viewed on the commuter page of our website. The exact route may vary due to road closures or London events. Advance notice will be given in advance to passengers who supply emails or on our live update feeds. The section of the service from A2 to Kent can be altered in any way subject to weather and traffic conditions.Arrival times in Kent may vary due to these delays.
12. Data protection: Details emails, names and addresses are kept on file and only directors and office staff can gain access to them. Season ticket holders with photographic evidence will be kept on file for that same purpose. Credit or Debit card details we are not allowed to keep and get destroyed once payment has been taken.
13. Opening times: Our office and team welcome any commuter customers to purchase tickets. We are open Monday – Friday 9 – 5. We are closed weekends and Bank holidays.
14.Ticket validity and guaranteed seat: Tickets are valid Monday to Friday not including bank Holidays. Our commuter service is monitored very closely to ensure our commuter vehicles are not overloaded. On rare occasions we may need to advise day ticket holders who wish to travel on the day we are full as this will not be possible to carry any more passengers then seats provided. Season tickets, weekly, 4 weekly, Annual have the right to travel over on the day fare paying passengers. Season ticket holders are guaranteed a seat and we only operate a one coach service. We will monitor the bookings on this coach upon setting up the route. We will look in future to expand if the need requires too. Season ticket holders who advance book/pay will get guaranteed seats over on the day intending passengers. Book and pay by 8pm for next day travel.
15. Food and drink: We offer onboard hot and cold drinks that can be purchased from our onboard team at a discounted cost to our commuter customers. Customers are not permitted to carry or consume alcoholic beverages inside the coach. The customer will be responsible for removing any litter from the coach, although we encourage not eating take away or odour foods. Any spillages that result in seat damage the customer will be liable for any repair or cleaning cost.
16. Wi-Fi: Brookline Commuter Coach will be supplied and fitted offering WI-Fi for all our customers. On a moving vehicle Brookline Coaches will not be held responsible for network failure or loss of signal. From time to time the unit may not be working for electrical reasons. Brookline Coaches will endeavour to make sure that the WI-FI facility is available at all times. Signal loss or over usage we cannot be held responsible for. The WI-Fi unit will not allow the download of films etc, just allowing to browse the web, or work at your lap top answering emails etc, or the use for social networking sites.
Day Single: valid on day of purchase for one single journey
Day Return: Valid on day of purchase for one return journey only
Ten journey: valid for three consecutive months and front of ticket will be dated to that effect. Each journey is valid for one complete single trip. On the reverse of the ticket the driver or collector will initial each box on the journey made to cancel that numbered box. These tickets can be used anytime within the three months dated.
Weekly: these tickets are valid for one week at date of purchase.
Four weekly: these tickets are issued from the office and require one passport sized photo on application. They are valid for any journey made during the dates shown on the ticket.
6 Monthly Season: These tickets are valid anytime the service operates on the dates shown on the pass. Calculated on 20 weeks.
Annual Season: These tickets are valid anytime the service operates on the dates shown on the pass. Calculated on 40 weeks travel.
All our tickets can be purchased from Brookline coaches’ office. Only Single and Return tickets can be purchased from the driver.
All tickets and seasons must be showed upon request by the driver.
All tickets are not transferable, and remain property of Brookline Coaches.
Valid on all services operated by Brookline Coaches