Brookline Coaches London Commuter Service: terms and conditions of travel
- Timetables: The times published in our timetable meet all the requirements of the local authorities. We strive to operate these times to the best of our abilities. Incidents, traffic delays and weather conditions can hamper this service. These conditions cannot be foreseen and are beyond our control. We cannot be held responsible for delays to the service and inconvenience to our passengers. Brookline Coaches reserve the right to alter or cancel any timetable without notice. We endeavour to inform all our drivers through various communications to any delays, due to traffic.
- Tickets: Purchased by a customer are not transferrable and remain the property of Brookline Coaches throughout their validity. Tickets are to be inspected by your driver or inspector either on board or at stops. Tickets will be withdrawn by said above if they are deemed to be misused. No refund or compensation for the ticket withdrawn will be paid. Passengers are not permitted to travel without a valid ticket. Any passenger not presenting their season ticket will be charged a full day return ticket fare. Season tickets can only be purchased by completing an application form and sending to Brookline Coaches with a cheque or card details. You may also visit our office during opening times. A passport sized photo will be required for these ticket types. No ticket will be issued without payment in advance. Book and pay by 8pm for next day travel. See ticket types at the bottom of this page for more information.
- Lost tickets: Four weekly, six monthly and annual season tickets will be replaced at a cost of £15 respectively. Unfortunately we are unable to offer replacements on day single/return tickets, weekly and 10 journey tickets.
- Cancellation and refunds: Refunds are only available for Annual Seasons. Customers who wish to cancel their annual ticket must send in their pass with written confirmation of the cancellation by post to our Brookline Office. The number of days since the issue of the ticket will be charged at the monthly rate and the day return rate, whichever is the lowest cost, and the balance refunded less £20 admin charge. All calculations will be made upon the receipt of the surrendered pass and cancellation letter. No refund will be considered unless your ticket has been surrendered. If your employer paid Brookline Coaches directly for your season ticket then any refund due will be paid to your employer unless we receive written consent from them that we may refund you directly.
- Luggage: For your comfort, large items of luggage will be required to be stored in the hold. Only light items and laptops may be stowed in the overhead lockers. No items of property, cases, suitcases or rucksacks are to block the aisles and these items when not needed must be placed under the seat. Any property that may be a danger to health and a risk of danger to customers on board maybe refused entry.
- Vehicles: From time to time incidents happen where the coach will need to be substituted. This could be for mechanical reasons, accidents damage etc. We will strive to do our utmost to replace this vehicle to the same standard. Brookline Coaches will not guarantee that the replacement vehicle will carry Wi-Fi.
- Bus stops: All bus stops in Kent along the route can be served by the London Commuter service. The timetable shown is for timing purposes and show the route travelled. All stops are request and you will need to signal the driver of your intention to board, as the stops maybe served by other local bus routes. Passengers will need to inform the driver of intention to disembark at your desired London stop. London stops are those dedicated and shown on the timetable only. TFL require us not to stop at any other London Bus stop other then shown on our timetable. In London on your return journey to Kent, please make sure that you are waiting at the correct stop as shown on the timetable. Also please signal to the driver clearly of your intention to stop our service to board.
- Passenger etiquette: Brookline Commute aims to provide a relaxing, restful and comfortable journey for all onboard. Passengers are requested to kindly assist by ensuring that they consider the comfort of other passengers around their seat and avoid undue noise from any instrument, radio, personal audio devices and excessive noise from mobile phones or gaming equipment. Telephone conversations should be conducted quietly and phones put on silent/vibrate mode to not disturb other passengers who may be resting, or sleep onboard. Brookline Coaches reserve the right to refuse any passenger if their behaviour is considered to be detrimental to the comfort or safety of any other passenger travelling on our coaches. Poor behaviour also includes the consumption of alcohol, drunken, threatening or abusive behaviour or poor language. We will not tolerate undue noise from any instrument, radio, personal audio or noisy mobile phones. Brookline Coaches staff has the right to remove passengers from the nearest safe location and contact the police if required to do so.
- Seat belts: In the UK it is a legal requirement to wear seatbelts at all times whilst in their seat during the journey. Passengers may move around the cabin to use onboard facilities. When back at their seat, you must fasten your seat belt. On the coach approaching your stop, passengers must remain seated until the coach has stopped. Failure to wear a seat belt is an offence and any fines given by authorities for not wearing them, could incur a fine.
- Routing: London drop offs and return pick ups are outlined in the timetable and can be viewed on the commuter page of our website. The exact route may vary due to road closures or London events. Advance notice will be given to passengers who supply mobile phone number for our text service. The section of the service from the A2 to Kent can be altered in any way subject to weather and traffic conditions.Arrival times in Kent may vary due to these delays.
- Data protection: Passenger names, addresses and contact details are kept on file and only directors and office staff can gain access to them. Season ticket holders with photographic evidence will be kept on file for that same purpose. Credit or debit card details are not allowed to be kept and are destroyed once payment has been taken.
- Opening times: All commuter tickets can be purchased from our office in Ryarsh. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. We are closed weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Ticket validity and guaranteed seat: Tickets are valid Monday to Friday not including Bank Holidays. Our commuter service is monitored very closely to make sure our commuter vehicles are not overloaded. On rare occasions we may need to advise day ticket holders who wish to travel on the day that we are full as it will not be possible to carry any more passengers. Season tickets, six monthly, four weekly and weekly tickets have the right to travel over on the day fare paying passengers. Season ticket holders are guaranteed a seat. Season ticket holders, who advance book and pay, will get guaranteed seats over on the day passengers. Book and pay by 8pm for next day travel.
- Food and drink: Customers are not permitted to carry or consume alcoholic beverages inside the coach. The customer will be responsible for removing any litter from the coach, although we encourage not eating on board. Any spillages that result in seat damage will be liable for any repair or cleaning costs.
- Wi-Fi: Brookline Commuter coaches offer free Wi-Fi for all our customers. On a moving vehicle Brookline Coaches will not be held responsible for network failure or loss of signal. From time to time the unit may not be working for electrical reasons. Brookline Coaches will endeavour to make sure that Wi-Fi is available at all times but we cannot be held responsible for signal loss or over usage
Day single: valid on day of purchase for one single journey
Day return: valid on day of purchase for one return journey on the same day
Ten journey: valid for three consecutive months and front of ticket will be dated to that effect. Each journey is valid for one single trip. These tickets can be used anytime within the three months dated.
Weekly: valid for five consecutive days from the date of purchase.
Four weekly: issued from the Brookline office and require one passport sized photo on application. They are valid for any journey made during the dates shown on the ticket.
Six monthly: valid anytime the service operates on the dates shown on the pass. (Calculated on 20 weeks).
Annual season ticket: valid anytime the service operates on the dates shown on the pass. (Calculated on 40 weeks travel).
- All commuter tickets can be purchased from our office in Ryarsh. Only day single and return tickets can be purchased from the driver.
- All tickets and season tickets must be showed upon request by the driver.
- All tickets are non-transferable and remain the property of Brookline Coaches.
- Valid on all commuter services operated by Brookline Coaches.